Hiding, copying, and deleting Smart Filters
To hide (or show) Smart Filter effects
- Do either of the following:
- Click the visibility icon for the Smart Filters listing to hide all the Smart Filters on that layer.
- Click the visibility icon for any individual Smart Filter. This may take longer to process than clicking the visibility icon for all the filters.
- Click where the icon formerly was to redisplay the hidden filter effects.
To copy Smart Filters from one Smart Object to another
- Expand the list of Smart Filters for a Smart Object.
- Alt-drag/Option-drag either the Smart Filters listing or an individual filter listing to another Smart Object.
- You can restack any Smart Filter within a Smart Object list (pause for the edit to process).
- If you drag a filter or the Smart Filters listing from one Smart Object to another without holding down Alt/Option, the filters will be removed from the source layer and added to the target layer. Any preexisting filters on the target layer will be preserved. Pause for the edit to process.
If you delete a Smart Filter from a Smart Object that contains multiple filters, it may take a moment or two for Photoshop to update the display.
To delete a Smart Filter
Do either of the following:
Right-click a Smart Filter listing and choose Delete Smart Filter.
Drag a Smart Filter listing to the Delete Layer button.