Set Up Your Game Center Account
You’ve logged in, now what? It’s time to set up your Game Center account so your friends can find you and be awed by your gaming prowess.
- After you sign in, you have to agree to a very long set of terms and conditions (see below). Read them and, if you agree, check the “I have read and agree to these terms & conditions” checkbox. Whew. Click the “Accept” button.
- After you Accept, a new form opens. You need to select a nickname (above, right).
- Decide if you want to allow all Game Center players to be able to see your profile. If you only want your friends to be able to see it, don’t check the “Public Profile” box.
- If you check the “Use Contacts for Friend Suggestions,” Game Center finds any email addresses in your Contacts assigned to other Game Center players and suggests them as friends for you. If you don’t mind Game Center looking through your contacts, check this box.
- Click “Done.” Your profile has been created.
Your user profile has been created. On mine, shown on the next page, I have a photo and a status message set. You can edit these and a few more items.
Edit your user profile:
- Much like a Facebook status message, Game Center lets you set a status. Enter one by clicking and typing on the brown rectangle just above the “Change Photo” banner.
- Change your photo by clicking the “Change Photo” banner. You can take a new snapshot of yourself with the camera, or use your Finder to find and drag a photo into the thumbnail.
- If you want to change your Account settings, click the “Account:” banner. You’ll have to enter your password and then you’ll be taken back to the screen where you selected your nickname.
The profile displays your username, your image, a summary of how many Game Center games you play, your total points, and how many friends you have. The page contains two banner links: “Change Photo,” which lets you modify your profile image, and “Account:<youremail>,” which allows you to change your account settings.