- Create and Save a TextEdit Document
- Find and Replace Words or Phrases
- Paste Text to Match the Existing Text
- Use Your Favorite Text Styles Easily
- Tabs and Indents
- Create Lists That Number Themselves
- Create Tables
- Print Automatic Page Numbers
- Automatic Spelling Correction
- Select Noncontiguous Text
- Show Substitutions
- Extra Tips and Notes
- Read Microsoft Word Files
Select Noncontiguous Text
This is really quite wonderful. “Contiguous” means “sharing a common border.” Very few applications allow you to select individual sections of text that are not physically next to each other (text that is noncontiguous). This technique lets you apply formatting or copy, cut, or delete separate sections of text all at once.
To select noncontiguous text:
- Press-and-drag to select a section of text.
- Hold down the Command key. Press-and-drag to select some other text that is not contiguous.