- Secret 1: Share from TextEdit
- Secret 2: Hide Notification Center for a Day
- Secret 3: Use Punctuation with Dictation
- Secret 4: Tweet from Notification Center
- Secret 5: Pin Your Notes to the Desktop
- Secret 6: Set a Photo Booth Image as Your Twitter Profile Picture
- Secret 7: Keep an Eye on Your Calendar with Notifications
Secret 5: Pin Your Notes to the Desktop
Notes is a handy little app that lets you jot a quick note to yourself, but it also syncs beautifully between all your devices with iCloud. Notes also has a little trick that makes it even more useful as a way to keep track of things: You can pin specific notes to your desktop.
Open Notes and create a new note. In the left column, find the note you want to pin and double-click it (see Figure 5).
Figure 5 Double-click any notes you want to pin to your desktop.
Your selected note opens as a separate window, which you can resize and move anywhere you like. You can now close the main Notes app; your note remains open. Be careful, though; quitting the Notes app will close all your notes, so just close the main Notes window and leave the app running.
Best part of this secret: If you update your notes on your other devices, the changes will be reflected on your pinned notes!