Working with Column View
Column view displays the contents of a window in multiple columns. Clicking a folder in one column displays the contents of that folder in the column to its right. Clicking a document or application in a column displays a preview or information about the item in the column to its right.
To display a folder’s contents
Click the name of the folder you want to view the contents of.
The contents of the folder appear in the column to the right of the one you clicked in .
To display a document preview
Click the icon for the document you want to preview.
One of two things happens:
- If a preview for the document is available, it appears in the column to the right of the one you clicked in, along with additional information about the file .
- If a preview is not available, the icon for the item appears in the column to the right of the one you clicked.
To move through the folder hierarchy
To move through the folder hierarchy, scroll left or right in the window using the scroll bar (page 28) or gestures (page 28):
- Scroll left to move backward and view parent folders .
- Scroll right to move forward and view child folders.
To change column width
- Position the pointer on the divider between two columns or, if column scroll bars are displayed, on the handle at the bottom of the scroll bar between two columns.
The pointer turns into a vertical line with two arrows .
- Press the button down and drag:
- To make the column wider, drag to the right .
- To make the column narrower, drag to the left.
- When the column is the desired size, release the button.
To view more or fewer columns
Change the width of the window (page 26):
- To show more columns, make the window wider .
- To show fewer columns, make the window narrower.