If you're new to AppleScript or Objective-C, some of these excellent resources can help you to get to the next level:
- Apple Training Series: AppleScript 1-2-3, by Sal Soghoian and Bill Cheeseman (Peachpit Press)
- Programming in Objective-C, Fourth Edition, by Stephen G. Kochan (Addison-Wesley)
- Objective-C: Visual QuickStart Guide, by Steven Holzner (Peachpit Press)
- AppleScript Language Guide (Apple Inc.)
- Mac OS X Automation
- Ben Waldie's Tips (Automated Workflows, LLC)
Ben Waldie is the president of Automated Workflows, LLC, a company offering AppleScript, Automator, workflow, and productivity consulting services to Mac-based businesses. For years, Ben has developed professional workflow solutions for companies such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Adobe Systems, Apple Inc., CNN, Microsoft, NASA, PC World, and Time Magazine. He is the author of Automator for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: Visual QuickStart Guide, AppleScripting the Finder, and several other books. Ben has written content for Apple.com, Macworld, MacTech, MacScripter.net, and other sites, and he is the host of Peachpit's Mac Automation Made Simple video podcast series. He is also the author of an AppleScript training CD for the Virtual Training Company (VTC), and he is a frequent presenter at Macworld and other industry events. You can find Ben on the Web at his Twitter page, the Automated Workflows, LLC website, and his LinkedIn page.