Rewind and Review
Take a few moments to reflect on what you’ve learned in this chapter:
- How many of jQuery’s DOM manipulators have counterpart functions that perform the same action?
- Are there advantages to using functions that perform the same action but have a different syntax? What are the advantages?
- Why is it a good idea to preload images?
- What is the benefit of using a DOM inspection tool like Firebug?
- What is preventDefault() used for?
- What is the difference between postion() and offset()?
- How do you preserve event handlers on cloned elements?
- How does the term deep copy apply to cloned elements?
- When should you cache a selector?
- How many jQuery functions can you chain together?
- Are line breaks allowed when chaining jQuery methods?