- Types of Frames
- Creating Basic Shapes
- Selecting Objects
- Moving Objects
- Replicating Objects
- Resizing Objects
- Using the Transform Tools
- Using the Transform Panel
- Using the Transform Commands
- Using the Arrange Commands
- Aligning Objects
- Smart Dimensions; Smart Spacing
- Using the Gap Tool
- Grouping and Pasting Into Objects
- Using the Measure Tool
- Using the Info Panel with Objects
- Locking Objects
- Selecting Frames
Using the Info Panel with Objects
The Info panel also gives you information about the document, text, and placed images.
To see the document information
Deselect any objects on the page. The Info panel displays the following :
- Location of the file on the computer.
- Last Modification date and time.
- Author as entered in the File Info (File > File Info) dialog box.
With no objects selected, the Info panel displays document information.
To see the text information
Place your insertion point inside a text frame or highlight the text in the frame. The Info panel displays the following :
- Characters in the frame or selection.
- Words in the frame or selection.
- Lines in the frame or selection.
Paragraphs in the frame or selection.
With text selected, the Info panel displays text information.
To see the placed object information
Select a frame that contains a placed image, or the placed image itself. The Info panel displays the following :
- Type of placed image.
- Actual ppi (points per inch) resolution of the image.
- Effective ppi resolution of the image if you have scaled it in InDesign.
- Color Space of the image.
ICC Profile (if applicable) may also be shown.
With a placed image selected, the Info panel displays placed image information.