- Types of Frames
- Creating Basic Shapes
- Selecting Objects
- Moving Objects
- Replicating Objects
- Resizing Objects
- Using the Transform Tools
- Using the Transform Panel
- Using the Transform Commands
- Using the Arrange Commands
- Aligning Objects
- Smart Dimensions; Smart Spacing
- Using the Gap Tool
- Grouping and Pasting Into Objects
- Using the Measure Tool
- Using the Info Panel with Objects
- Locking Objects
- Selecting Frames
Creating Basic Shapes
You use the rectangle, ellipse, and polygon frame tools to create graphic frames into which you place images.
To create a rectangular graphic frame
Click the Rectangle Frame tool in the Tools panel .
The Rectangle Frame tool in the Tools panel creates rectangular graphic frames.
Drag across the page to create the rectangle.
Release the mouse button when the rectangle is the correct size.
To create an elliptical graphic frame
Click the Ellipse Frame tool in the Tools panel .
The Ellipse Frame tool in the Tools panel creates elliptical graphic frames.
Drag across the page to create the ellipse.
Release the mouse button when the ellipse is the correct size.
You can also create rectangles and ellipses by specifying their size numerically.
To create objects numerically
Click with either the Rectangle or Ellipse Frame tools. A dialog box appears .
The Ellipse and Rectangle dialog boxes let you create frames with precise width and height.
- Enter the width and height amounts.
- Click OK. The frame appears where the mouse was clicked.
To create a polygon graphic frame
Choose the Polygon Frame tool in the Tools panel .
Use the Polygon Frame tool to create polygon and star graphic frames.
Click on the page. This opens the Polygon dialog box .
The Polygon Settings dialog box creates either polygons or stars.
- Enter a number in the field for the Number of Sides to the polygon.
- To create a star, change the amount in the Star Inset field from 0% to a higher number.
- Click OK. The polygon is created.
The Line tool lets you draw a straight line.
To create straight lines
Click the Line tool in the Tools panel .
The Line tool in the Tools panel creates straight lines.
Position the cursor where you want the line to start.
Drag to create a line.