- 1: Get Your Move On (Tilt)
- 2: Take Unlimited Pictures
- 3: Speedy Photo Access with the Photo Locket
- 4: Powerful Photo Editing
- 5: Firefly: Your Fire's Magic Wand
- 6: Send Text and Documents to Your Fire or Kindle
- 7: Store All Your Cards in Your Amazon Wallet
- 8: Easy Instant Video Viewing
- 9: Find Your Lost Fire Phone
- 10: Fire Phone and Fire TV: A Perfect Match
- You're on Your Own Now: Find More Features!
5: Firefly: Your Fire's Magic Wand
I mentioned Firefly earlier, and Amazon has been promoting it heavily, for good reason. When Firefly works (which is most of the time), it's magical. Launch Firefly and point your phone at a book, a movie you're watching, or some text (such as an email or website) that you want to copy. Firefly will identify it and take action: Show Amazon prices for books, identify the movie you're watching and the actors in the current scene, make a URL tappable so you can open it on your Fire. Firefly will even identify a song that's currently playing, so you can buy it from Amazon's Music store. Developers can extend Firefly's functionality with apps. For example, if you scan a barcode on a food item, you'll be able to buy it from Amazon, but with the proper app installed on your Fire you'll also see nutritional information and be able to add the item to your food log (if you're counting calories, as I am). Magic, I tell you!