- Examining the work file
- Moving pages with page thumbnails
- Manipulating pages
- Renumbering pages
- Applying Bates numbering (Acrobat Pro only)
- Managing links
- Working with bookmarks
- Naming bookmarks automatically
- Adding multimedia files
- Setting document properties and metadata
- Setting up presentations
- Review questions
Naming bookmarks automatically
You can create, name, and automatically link a bookmark by selecting text in the document pane.
- Navigate to the page you want to link, and set the magnification to the optimal level. The current magnification will be inherited by the bookmark.
- Drag the I-beam to highlight the text that you want to use as your bookmark.
Click the New Bookmark button at the top of the Bookmarks panel. A new bookmark is created in the bookmarks list, and the highlighted text from the document pane is used as the bookmark name. By default, the new bookmark links to the current page view displayed in the document window.
After creating a bookmark, you can easily drag it to its proper place in the Bookmarks panel. You can move individual bookmarks or groups of bookmarks up and down in the Bookmarks panel, and you can nest bookmarks.
Some of the bookmarks are out of order in the current document. You’ll rearrange them now.
- In the Bookmarks panel, drag the icon for the Welcome bookmark directly below the icon for the Table of contents bookmark.
Drag the other bookmarks so that they appear in the same order as the entries in the table of contents.
- Close the Bookmarks panel, and then choose File > Save to save your work.