Digital Audio, Video
- By David Dvorin
- Jul 20, 2015
This chapter is from the book
- Where are individual samples referenced and mapped?
- Where do you find the settings that determine how a sample is played, including key ranges?
- Which tuning parameter in the EXS24 Instrument Editor is used to tune by cents: Coarse or Fine?
- Are loop points set in zones or groups?
- Which EXS24 Instrument Editor parameter is used to smooth out transitions between the end points and start points of a loop?
- How are groups used in the EXS24 Instrument Editor?
- Are filter and envelope offsets set in zones or groups?
- What do multi-output instruments do?
- Samples are mapped in sampler instruments.
- Zones contain the settings for sample playback and key range.
- The Fine parameter is used to tune by cents.
- Loop points are set in zones because they refer to specific samples.
- The Xfade parameter allows you to assign a crossfade between the end and start points of a loop, making it smoother.
- Groups are used to assign common parameters to multiple zones.
- Filter and envelope offsets are set in groups.
- Multi-output instruments (such as Ultrabeat and EXS24) can route individual sounds to separate channel strips for isolation or further processing.