This chapter is from the book
You’ll start the lesson by viewing an image of the final composition.
- Start Photoshop, and then immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) to restore the default preferences. (See “Restoring default preferences” on page 4.)
- When prompted, click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file.
- Choose File > Browse In Bridge to open Adobe Bridge.
- In the Favorites panel, click the Lessons folder. Then double-click the Lesson04 folder in the Content panel to see its contents.
- Study the 04End.psd file. Move the thumbnail slider to the right if you want to see the image in more detail.
This layered composite represents a postcard. You will create it in this lesson as you learn how to create, edit, and manage layers.
- Double-click the 04Start.psd file to open it in Photoshop.
- Choose File > Save As, rename the file 04Working.psd, and click Save. Click OK if you see the Photoshop Format Options dialog box.
Saving another version of the start file frees you to make changes without worrying about overwriting the original.