- Bring On the Art!
- Get Your Files Here
- Define the Chapter 4 Website
- Image File Formats for the Web
- PROJECT 4.1 Prototyping and Designing with Background Images
- PROJECT 4.2 Inserting and Editing Images
- PROJECT 4.3 Floating Images into Position
- PROJECT 4.4 Creating Structured Layouts with Images
- PROJECT 4.5 Styling the Header Area
- Challenge! Create Your Own Design with Photoshop
Challenge! Create Your Own Design with Photoshop
As you’ve worked through the material in this chapter you’ve no doubt thought of lots of ways that this design might be done. The client provided only some general guidance, and the examples you’ve seen here took off in sort of a hipster-look direction. But you’re heartily encouraged to do better by creating your own design.
To help get you started, the project folder for this chapter has two files in the source folder that you can use to create your own design comps. You’ll find a file for Photoshop (wulvs-layout.psd) and one for Fireworks (wulvs-layout.fw.png). Both files are already organized into layers that match the dimensions used in developing this prototype. It’s up to you to open those files and use your own creative ideas to make a totally new design.