- A Tabbed Interface
- Creating the Base Graphics for the Tabs and Assembling the Tab Table
- Planning the Project and Dividing It into Logical Modules
- Creating the XHTML Base
- Creating the Main CSS Stylesheet (common.css)
- Creating the Supplemental CSS Style Rules (advanced.css)
- Creating the Basic Document Object Creation Script (docobj.js)
- Creating the Tab Navigation Script (tabs.js)
- Modifying the XHTML Markup to Call the Functions
Planning the Project and Dividing It into Logical Modules
Create a new text file to contain the XHTML markup. Save this in the root directory of your site as an HTML/XHTML file. Here we've named it tabpage.html.
Create a new directory under the root and name it inc.
In the inc directory, create a new text file that will contain the basic style rules that are recognized by most CSS-aware browsers. Save this file with the name common.css.
In the same directory, create a new text file that will contain more advanced CSS style rules that are only recognized by the latest graphical browsers. Save this file with the name advanced.css.