The first stage is to open iPhoto, create an album containing the photos you want in the book, and turn the album into a book:
- Open iPhoto.
- Click the plus (+) button at the bottom of the Source list to display a
dialog box like the one in Figure 1. Make sure that Album is selected from the
New pop-up menu and enter a name for the album in the Name box. Then click
Create. The album appears in the Source list.
Figure 1 Use this dialog box to create and name a new album.
- In the Source list, select Library or an album containing the images you want to include in the book. Then drag the images you want to the album you created in step 2. You can repeat this step until your new album includes all the photos you want to put in the book.
- In the Source list, select the album containing the photos you want to use in the book (see Figure 2).
- Choose File > New Book. A dialog box with book options appears (see
Figure 2 Fill the album with the photos you may want to include in the book.
Figure 3 Set options for the album, including size and theme.
- Choose an option from the Book Type pop-up menu. You'll be able to select from hardcover and softcover formats and sizes. For this example, I'm choosing a medium softcover book.
- Select a book theme from the list. (I chose Travel.) A preview appears on the right side of the dialog box.
- Click the Choose Theme button. An instructional dialog box appears, telling
you how to fill album pages with photos. Click OK to dismiss it.
iPhoto creates a new book and lists it in the Source list. It displays the cover of the book in the main part of the window with the photos from the album along the top of the window. You can see all this in Figure 4.
Figure 4 iPhoto creates an empty book and displays the photos to fill it at the top of the window.