Dreamweaver does not include a Print command for Design view. You can, however, print a file after you preview it in the browser window.
To print a Web page
- Preview the file in the browser window as described in these pages.
- From the Web browser's menu bar, select File > Print. The Print dialog box will appear.
- Verify the number of copies, the destination printer, and the pages to print in the Print dialog box (
Figure 3.59 You can print pages from your browser window. Netscape and Internet Explorer both offer Frame printing options; in IE, click the Options tab to see these.
- Depending on your software, you may be able to click the Properties button on the Print dialog box to open a dialog box called either Page Setup or Print, which might offer such options as margins; the Shrink to Fit Page option; adding a header or footer with date and URL information; printing Portrait or Landscape (vertical or horizontal page orientation); selecting how to print a page with frames; and other print controls.
- Recent versions of Netscape and Internet Explorer offer the File > Print Preview command, which opens a Print Preview window (
) that offers various printing options and shows how the Web page will be printed, including how many pages of text your document takes up. You can select which pages to print, as your document might take up say, 5 pages, only two of which are relevant.
Figure 3.60 Netscape's Print Preview feature lets you see what you're getting before you send it to the printer.
- Netscape offers a Page Setup button (
) on the Print Preview window, which allows you to decide whether to print background images and colors (including table backgrounds).
Figure 3.61 Click the Page Setup button on the Print Preview window in Netscape for additional options, including print scale, background toggling, and margins.
- Click OK (or Print). The browser will send the document to the printer.