- What You Will Learn
- Approximate Time
- Lesson Files
- Using the Layers Panel
- Adding and Naming Layers
- Adjusting the Size and Placement of an Object
- Renaming a Layer
- Locking a Layer
- Showing and Hiding a Layer
- Picking Colors
- Drawing Rounded Rectangles
- Using Auto Shapes
- Adding Texture and a Drop Shadow
- Changing the Stacking Order on a Layer
- Using Single-Layer Editing
- On Your Own
- Setting the Default Colors
- Aligning Objects
- What You Have Learned
Drawing Rounded Rectangles
You can change the corner roundness amount of a rectangle in the Property inspector. In these steps, you will add another element to the logo: a stick (like an ice cream stick) for the candy. The stick is just a rectangle with rounded corners.
- From the basic_colors.png file, select the second box from the left.
Use the Pointer tool to select the box. The box is labeled with a number 2. When you select the box, the fill color boxes on the Tools panel and the Property inspector change to reflect the color of the selected object.
- Return to your home_page.png file and select the Logo layer. Use the Rectangle tool to draw a vertical rectangle on the left
side of the page.
The rectangle is placed on the selected Logo layer. Fireworks remembers the last color you applied to an object. The colors from the box you selected in step 1 are used for the fill of the rectangle.
- Drag the Rectangle Roundness slider in the Property inspector to 90.
You can also type the value you want in the text box. Press Enter (PC) or Return (Mac) to enter the value for the rectangle.
- Select the Pointer tool and drag the stick over the candy in the logo. Resize the rectangle to make it proportional to the
You can change the size of the stick by dragging one of the handles with the Pointer tool.
- Save your file.