- Creating Text Frames
- Typing Text
- Selecting Text
- Moving and Deleting Text
- Using the Character Palette
- Setting the Typeface and Point Size
- Styling Text
- Setting Line and Character Spacing
- Applying Text Distortions
- Setting the Language
- Applying Paragraph Formatting
- Setting Alignment and Indents
- Inserting a Manual Indent
- Setting Paragraph Effects
- Working with Hidden Characters
- Using the Glyphs Palette
- Working with Text Flow
- Setting Text Frame General Controls
- Using the Control Palette for Text
- Using Special Text Characters
Setting the Typeface and Point Size
The design of type is called the typeface. The typeface you are reading now is called Minion. The typeface of the subhead below is called Futura Condensed Bold.
To choose a font (typeface):
- Choose Type > Font and then choose the typeface from the font menu. The font menu can be set to preview the typefaces (see page 529).
- If necessary, choose the styling for the font from the style menu next to the name of the font.
The size of type is measured using a system called points. There are 72 points per inch. The point size of this text is 10.25.
To change the point size: