- Lesson overview
- Strategy for retouching
- Resolution and image size
- Getting started
- Straightening and cropping an image
- Making automatic adjustments
- Manually adjusting the tonal range
- Removing a color cast
- Replacing colors in an image
- Adjusting lightness with the Dodge tool
- Adjusting saturation with the Sponge tool
- Applying the Unsharp Mask filter
- Comparing automatic and manual results
- Saving the image for four-color printing
Removing a color cast
Some images contain color casts (imbalanced colors), which may occur during scanning or which may have existed in the original image. This photograph of the window has a red cast. You’ll use the Auto Color feature to correct this.
- Choose Image > Adjustments > Auto Color.
The red color cast goes away.
- Choose File > Save.