- Displaying Information in the Project Panel
- Finding Items in a Project
- Sorting Footage in the Project Panel
- Organizing Footage in Folders
- Renaming and Removing Items
- Proxies and Placeholders
- Viewing Footage
- Opening Footage in the Original Application
- The Footage Panel
- Cueing Motion Footage
- Magnifying an Image
- Viewing Safe Zones and Grids
- Rulers and Guides
- Viewing Transparency
- Correcting for Pixel Aspect Ratios
Cueing Motion Footage
Motion footage appears in the Footage, Composition, and Layer panels with a time ruler, current time indicator, and current time display. You can use the controls to view a specific frame or to play back the footage without sound.
To view a frame of motion footage by dragging:
In the Footage panel, drag the current time indicator to the frame you want to view ( Figure 3.51 ).
The Footage panel displays the image at the current frame and the frame number.
Figure 3.51 Drag the current time indicator to cue the footage to a particular frame.
To cue a frame of motion footage numerically:
- In the Footage panel, click the current time display (
Figure 3.52 You can click the current time display…
- Enter a time (
Figure 3.53 …and enter a frame number in the Go To Time dialog box.
- Click OK. The current time display and the image in the Footage panel show the frame you specified.
To play motion footage:
- Make sure the Footage, Composition, or Layer panel is active. Press the spacebar to start and stop playback.