- Displaying Information in the Project Panel
- Finding Items in a Project
- Sorting Footage in the Project Panel
- Organizing Footage in Folders
- Renaming and Removing Items
- Proxies and Placeholders
- Viewing Footage
- Opening Footage in the Original Application
- The Footage Panel
- Cueing Motion Footage
- Magnifying an Image
- Viewing Safe Zones and Grids
- Rulers and Guides
- Viewing Transparency
- Correcting for Pixel Aspect Ratios
Organizing Footage in Folders
As you learned in Chapter 2, "Importing Footage into a Project," footage can be imported into the Project panel as items contained in a folder. Of course, you can also create your own folders to organize items in the project. Folders look and work much like they do on your operating system (particularly on the Mac's desktop). Clicking the triangle next to the folder's icon toggles the folder open and closed. The triangle spins clockwise to reveal the folder's contents in outline fashion; the triangle spins counterclockwise to collapse the outline, hiding the folder's contents. However, the folder can't open in its own window.
To create a folder in the Project panel:
- In the Project panel, do one of the following:
- Choose File > New > New Folder.
Click the folder icon at the bottom ( Figure 3.17 ).
An untitled folder appears in the Project panel.
Figure 3.17 Clicking the New Folder button at the bottom of the Project panel is the easiest way to create a new folder.
- Press Return (Mac) or Enter (Windows) to highlight the name of the folder (
Figure 3.18 Press Return (Mac) or Enter (Windows) to highlight the name of the new folder…
- Type a name for the folder (
Figure 3.19 …and type a new name. Press Return (Mac) or Enter (Windows) to apply the name.
- Press Return (Mac) or Enter (Windows) to apply the name to the folder. The folder is sorted with other items according to the currently selected column heading.
To organize footage items in folders:
In the Project panel, do one of the following:
- To move items into a folder, select and drag items into the folder (
Figure 3.20 You can drag selected items directly into a folder.
- To move items out of a folder, select and drag items from the folder to the gray area at the top of the Project panel (
Figure 3.21 To move items out of a folder, drag them from the folder to the top of the Project panel.