- What's New in Organize Mode
- Organize Tools Overview
- Changing the Display Pane's Layout
- Other Display Preferences
- Contextual Menu Shortcuts
- Moving Around in iPhoto
- Editing Film Rolls
- Creating and Modifying New Film Rolls
- Creating and Working with Folders
- Creating Albums
- Creating and Editing Smart Albums
- Smart Album Ideas
- Duplicating Sources
- Renaming and Rearranging Sources
- Deleting Sources
- Selecting Photos
- Adding Photos to Sources
- Removing Photos from Sources
- Sorting Photos
- Assigning Titles to Photos
- Assigning Comments to Photos
- Editing Photo Dates
- Assigning Ratings
- Managing Keywords
- Assigning and Removing Keywords
- Searching with the Keyword Pane
- Searching with the Search Field
- Searching with the Calendar Pane
- Viewing Photo Information
Creating and Working with Folders
iPhoto 6 provides folders into which you can organize multiple albums, along with books, cards, calendars, saved slideshows and even other folders. Folders are a great way to tuck away older items you don't want to see all the time.
To create a folder:
From the File menu, choose New Folder.
iPhoto creates a new untitled folder with the name selected so you can name it.
- Enter a name for the folder.
To move items into and out of folders:
Drag one or more items (albums, books, saved slideshows, or other folders) into or out of the folder.
iPhoto moves the items, giving the folder an expansion triangle if necessary so you can open and close it (Figure 3.15).
Figure 3.15 Drag items into or out of a folder to add or remove them from the folder.
To duplicate a folder and its contents:
- -click a folder and choose Duplicate from the contextual menu that appears.
To delete a folder:
Select one or more folders and press , or -click a folder and choose Delete Folder from the contextual menu that appears.
iPhoto prompts you to make sure you know what you're doing; click Delete to delete the folder and all its contents. (Figure 3.16).
Figure 3.16 Confirm that you really want to delete both the folder and its contents.
- Select one or more folders and press to delete them and their contents without being prompted for confirmation.