- Step 1: Create the Podcast File
- Step 2: Set Episode Options (Optional)
- Step 3: Upload the Podcast File to Your Server
- Step 4: Configure Your WordPress Blog for the Podcast Category
- Step 5: Create an Entry for your Podcast Episode
- Step 6: Create the Podcast Feed
- Step 7: Subscribe to Your Feed
- Step 8: Troubleshoot
- Step 9: List Your Podcast on iTunes
- Step 10: Tweak
Step 2: Set Episode Options (Optional)
I’ll start this section by saying that you don’t have to perform this step. But if your file is already in iTunes, it just takes a moment. And it does provide additional information that your subscribers might find useful.
- In iTunes, click Movies (refer to Figure 2 in the preceding section) to display the Movies library.
- Select the thumbnail for the movie.
- Choose File > Get Info.
- Click the Info tab in the resulting window.
- Fill in the empty fields as desired. I recommend providing information for Name, Artist (you), Album (podcast name), year, and track number. You can also enter Podcast in the Genre field. The window might look like Figure 3 when you’re done.
- Click OK. The information is saved with the file.
Figure 3 Here’s the info for my video podcast file. Richard Noll took the photos in this episode.