- Step 1: Create the Podcast File
- Step 2: Set Episode Options (Optional)
- Step 3: Upload the Podcast File to Your Server
- Step 4: Configure Your WordPress Blog for the Podcast Category
- Step 5: Create an Entry for your Podcast Episode
- Step 6: Create the Podcast Feed
- Step 7: Subscribe to Your Feed
- Step 8: Troubleshoot
- Step 9: List Your Podcast on iTunes
- Step 10: Tweak
Step 4: Configure Your WordPress Blog for the Podcast Category
I decided that I wanted to publish my podcast in a specific category of my blog. This way, the podcast feed would only include podcast files, and those files would be accessible from a specific category on the site.
To follow this plan, you’ll need to create a new category for your podcast episodes. You only need to do this once; you’ll reuse the same category each time you post a new episode.
- Log into your WordPress blog and display the Dashboard.
- Click Manage > Categories > add new.
- Enter a name and description for the new category. You might want to call it something like Podcasts or Video Podcasts. I got fancy and called mine Video & Slide Shows; note that & displays the ampersand (&) character.
- Click Add Category. The category appears in the category list as shown in
Figure 5 My Flying M Air web site has only a few categories.