- Step 1: Create the Podcast File
- Step 2: Set Episode Options (Optional)
- Step 3: Upload the Podcast File to Your Server
- Step 4: Configure Your WordPress Blog for the Podcast Category
- Step 5: Create an Entry for your Podcast Episode
- Step 6: Create the Podcast Feed
- Step 7: Subscribe to Your Feed
- Step 8: Troubleshoot
- Step 9: List Your Podcast on iTunes
- Step 10: Tweak
Step 5: Create an Entry for your Podcast Episode
Each episode in your podcast will have its own blog entry. The title of the entry will become the title of the podcast; the entry contents will become its description.
- Log into your WordPress blog and display the Dashboard.
- Click Write to display the Write Post window.
- In the Title box, enter the name of the podcast episode.
- In the Post box, enter the description for the podcast episode. You can format it any way you like.
- In the Post box, include a link to the podcast file’s URL. This can be a text link or an image link. If it’s a text link, that link will appear in the podcast description, so you might want to repeat the title or use some other text that makes sense. I got fancy with my podcast and used screenshot software to create an image of the movie. I uploaded the image to my server, and then turned the image into a link. Figure 6 shows the code; Figure 7 shows the resulting entry.
- Choose your podcast category from the Categories list.
- Click Save.
Figure 6 Here’s what my podcast entry code looks like. (I use the HTML editor.)
Figure 7 The entry looks like this when viewing its category. Fancy, huh?