- Step 1: Create the Podcast File
- Step 2: Set Episode Options (Optional)
- Step 3: Upload the Podcast File to Your Server
- Step 4: Configure Your WordPress Blog for the Podcast Category
- Step 5: Create an Entry for your Podcast Episode
- Step 6: Create the Podcast Feed
- Step 7: Subscribe to Your Feed
- Step 8: Troubleshoot
- Step 9: List Your Podcast on iTunes
- Step 10: Tweak
Step 7: Subscribe to Your Feed
The moment of truth: Did all this work pay off? The best way to test it is to subscribe to the podcast and see what happens.
- In iTunes, choose Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast.
- Enter the FeedBurner feed address for your podcast (see Figure 10).
- Click OK.
Figure 10 Enter the URL for your podcast. This is mine.
If all goes well, your podcast should appear in the iTunes list of podcasts, and your first episode should download immediately (see Figure 11).
Figure 11 If you did everything right, your podcast should appear in the list and the first episode should download.