- 1. Pick an Image
- 2. Create a New Illustrator Document
- 3. Remove Unwanted Swatches
- 4. Trace and Steal Those Swatches
- 5. Group Swatches Together as a Set
- 6. Use Live Color to Recolor Artwork
- 7. Explore Live Color and its Options
- 8. Save Your New Swatches for Exchange
- 9. View Swatches in Adobe Bridge CS3
- 10. Import Swatches ASE file into InDesign CS3
- 11. Get Your Swatches Online
6. Use Live Color to Recolor Artwork
The image has been traced, the colors have been grouped, and the group has been named. Now we need to group these colors so that the new LiveColor feature can take advantage of them as a set. We’ll use the LiveColor feature to recolor some existing artwork.
Let’s open the surfboard illustration and then copy and paste it into our document. The surfboard is cool, but the colors are offensive at best. Select the hideous artwork and click the alluring Recolor Artwork Color Icon in the control strip (see Figure 7).
Figure 7 Press the new CS3 Live Color Button in the control strip. Get ready for a color party.