Home > Articles > Design > Adobe Acrobat
Sort by Date | Title
- Saving and Printing Files
- Jan 8, 2007
- Save And Print PDFs in Adobe Acrobat 7
- Dec 22, 2006
- Acrobat's ability to let you read a PDF file on almost any computer system is impressive, but you can do even more. In this chapter, you'll learn how to save PDFs in many formats, reduce file size, make sure a document is ready to print, and finally to print it.
- Saving And Printing PDFs
- Jul 31, 2006
- Building a Slideshow Presentation with Picture Tasks
Donna L. Baker
- Jul 14, 2006
- Suppose you need to present a series of photographs to a committee that will decide which one belongs in a company brochure. Or imagine that you are preparing a collection of shots, one of which will appear in a newspaper ad. How can you present the selection of possibilities to a client in a way that is both professional and interesting? Acrobat 7 includes a plug-in called Picture Tasks that allows you to easily manage a group of images and prepare different types of output, including a slideshow and various print options. In this chapter's project, you'll learn how to use the plug-in to create a slideshow and customize it, as well as to send the final product automatically by e-mail from within Acrobat.
- Getting Familiar with Adobe Reader
- Sep 2, 2005
- Adobe Reader offers an overwhelming array of options. Luckily, Ted Padova offers his services as a guide through the thicket of choices in this sample chapter.
- Bookmarks in Acrobat
Christopher Smith, Anita Dennis, Mohamad Tawil
- Mar 19, 2004
- In this article, the authors of "Real World Adobe Acrobat 6: Pro and Standard" show you how to nest, create, and edit bookmarks.
- Logon Scripts: Using KiXtart and.ini Files
- Dec 19, 2003
- Anybody who manages user accounts knows the advantage of automating the task. The last thing you want to do is visit every desktop to ensure that the users' Windows computers are set up to work properly with your network. One common way to get around this is to use batch files and scripts to smooth the process. Matthew Moran shows you an easy way to gain control of user logons with Kixtart, a free-format scripting language.
- Create FrameMaker Clickable Hyperlinks that Work in Acrobat
- Dec 6, 2001
- Learn how to save time by creating hypertext links in FrameMaker that work in Acrobat PDF.
- PDF and Graphics Strategies
- Apr 6, 2001
- When publishing PDF documents, size is a large issue. The way graphics are initially inserted and saved as well as the type of graphics used can dramatically change the size of a PDF file. This article discusses strategies for reducing PDF size.
- PDF Font Strategies
- Apr 6, 2001
- Fonts are an intrinsic part of how PDFs work, and the decision of whether and how to include fonts is critical. This article discusses font options to consider when designing PDF documents, including embedding, anti-aliasing, sizing, and readability.