Laura Ross, Publicist
Peachpit Launches MyGraphicsLab
Innovative New Learning Solution Prepares Students for Design Careers
Berkeley, CASeptember 1, 2011 Peachpit, Pearson’s premiere graphic design publisher, today launched MyGraphicsLab, an innovative teaching and learning solution created specifically for design students and instructors. MyGraphicsLab integrates projects, discussion, assessment, videos, and other online resources to help teachers prepare their students for successful careers.
There are five MyGraphicsLab courses available covering the five primary Adobe Creative Suite 5 applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash Professional, and Dreamweaver. Each course can be paired with Peachpit’s Classroom in a Book from Adobe Press and Visual QuickStart Guide texts to create a comprehensive learning experience that’s completely customizable to meet instructor and student needs.
MyGraphicsLab includes the following features:
- Premium-quality video tutorials that show graphic design tools in action and provide an engaging multimedia experience with real-world examples and demonstrations
- Innovative projects with downloadable project files that reinforce core concepts and challenge students to grow creatively
- Pre- or post-test quizzes and an online gradebook that allows instructors and students to track student progress throughout the course
- The option to include an eText within the course that enables students to search for content, highlight text, take notes, bookmark material, and review for quizzes
- Engaging and interactive communication tools, including Chat, ClassLive, and document-sharing tools, that allow students to interact with each other and their instructor, share ideas, and receive instant feedback on their latest assignment
- The ability to customize each course to fit the unique course goals of each instructor
"Peachpit has been serving educators, students, and professionals in visual communications for 25 years. And what better way to celebrate our anniversary than to be able to launch what we believe is the most innovative online solution exclusively targeted to enriching the student learning experience and making teachers’ lives easier," said Nancy Aldrich-Ruenzel, Vice President and Publisher of Peachpit Creative Group. "This launch embodies our mission to provide the new gold-standard toolset in graphic design education."
Pearson’s MyLabs have changed the way millions of students learn and have supported many successful faculty in the redesign of college courses to effectively use technology to improve achievement and manage costs. Demand for the MyLab and Mastering programs continues to soar, with more than 9 million student registrations projected in 2011. More than 232 million assignments were submitted and more than 750,000 students logged in daily last year.
For more information or to request a demo, please visit http://www.mygraphicslab.com.
Berkeley-based Peachpit has been publishing the industry’s best-selling books on the latest in photography, graphic design, Web design and development, digital video, digital lifestyle, and general Mac computing since 1986. Its award-winning books, eBooks, videos and applications feature step-by-step explanations, time-saving techniques, savvy insider tips, and expert advice for computer users of all experience levels. It is the home of the internationally recognized Visual QuickStart Guide series, the design imprint New Riders and its acclaimed Voices That Matter series, Adobe Press, Apple Pro Training Series, and Apple Training Series, and is the publishing partner for Kelby Training/NAPP and others. Peachpit is part of Pearson (NYSE: PSO), the international media company. Pearson's primary operations also include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group. Learn more at www.peachpit.com and www.pearson.com.