Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom was designed from the ground up with digital photographers in mind, offering powerful editing features in a streamlined interface that lets photographers import, sort, and organize images. This completely updated bestseller, The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book, was also written with photographers in mind. Author Martin Evening describes features in Lightroom 3 in detail from a photographer’s perspective. As an established commercial and fashion photographer, Martin knows firsthand what photographers need for an efficient workflow. He has also been working with Lightroom from the beginning, monitoring the product’s development and providing valued feedback to Adobe. As a result, Martin knows the software inside and out, from image selection to image editing to image management. In this book you’ll learn how to:
• Work efficiently with images shot in the raw or JPEG format
• Import photographs with ease and sort them according to your workflow
• Create and manage a personal image library
• Apply tonal adjustments to multiple images quickly
• Integrate Lightroom with Adobe Photoshop
• Export images for print or Web as digital contact sheets or personal portfolios
• Make the most of new features in Lightroom 3, such as automatic lens correction and improved noise reduction
Photographers will find Lightroom 3—and The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book—indispensable tools in their digital darkrooms.
“With Martin’s expert guidance, you’ll soon find that you have precisely the tools you need to turn your concentration back where it belongs—on making better pictures!”
—George Jardine, Lightroom instructor
“As a photographer himself, Martin Evening knows what tools photographers need to realize their creative vision. In this book, he shows not only how Adobe Photoshop Lightroom works but also why it will become an essential part of any photographer’s workflow.”
—Greg Gorman, photographer
This book’s companion site, www.thelightroombook.com, offers video tutorials, articles, sample images, and updates from author Martin Evening.
1. Introducing Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
2. Importing photos
3. Navigating the Library module
4. Managing photos in the Library module
5. Working with catalogs
6. Develop module image editing
7. The art of black and white
8. Sharpening and noise reduction
9. The Photoshop connection
11. Presenting your work
Appendix A Lightroom Preferences
Appendix B Lightroom settings