- Read Microsoft Word Files
- Find and Replace Words or Phrases
- Paste Text to Match the Existing Text
- Use your Favorite Text Styles Easily
- Complete your Word Automatically
- Typographer's Quotes!
- Tabs and Indents
- Create Lists that Number Themselves
- Create Tables
- Create Live Web Links and Email Links
- Select Non-Contiguous Text
- Print Automatic Page Numbers
- Extra Tips and Notes
- Standard Mac OS X Application Features
- TextEdit is Integrated With:
- Other Relevant Lessons for TextEdit
Select Non-Contiguous Text
This is really quite wonderful. “Contiguous” means “sharing a common border.” Very few applications allow you to select individual sections of text that are not physically next to each other (text that is non-contiguous). This technique lets you apply formatting or copy, cut, or delete separate sections of text all at once.
To select non-contiguous text:
- Press-and-drag to select a section of text.
- Hold down the Command key. Press-and-drag to select some other text that is not contiguous!