- Working with the Project Panel
- Working with Project Panel Views
- Working with Icon View
- Working with List View
- Selecting Items in the Project Panel
- Using the Preview Area of the Project Panel
- Organizing Clips in Bins
- Creating Copies of Source Clips
- Finding Clips
- Interpreting Footage
- Unlinking and Relinking Media
- Using the Project Manager
Even the most organized editor can lose track of a clip, particularly when a project contains a lot of clips. Here's how to find one from the Project panel.
To find a clip:
- In the Project panel, click the Find button (Figure 4.32).
Figure 4.32 In the Project panel, click the Find button.
Figure 4.33 In the Find dialog box, enter search criteria.
From the Column pull-down menu, choose a category by which to search.
Find options match the columns of the Project panel's list view.
- From the Operator pull-down menu, choose a limiting option.
- In the Find What field, enter search content.
- To narrow the search, specify another column, another operator, and more search content in the next line.
- For Match, choose either All or Any.
- To find only items that match the capitalization of the item you're searching for, select Case Sensitive.
If a clip meets your criteria, it's selected in the Project panel (Figure 4.34).
Figure 4.34 If a clip meets your criteria, it's selected in the Project panel.
To search for other clips that meet the search criteria, click Find again.
If an additional clip meets your criteria, it's selected in the Project panel.
- Repeat step 9 until you find the clip you're searching for or finish searching.
- Click Done to close the Find dialog box.