Step 3: Fine-Tune Marker Position
Moving a marker is simple enough, but you need to set up the timeline first in order to make sure that you’re moving the marker to a better position and not just another position.
You might also decide to delete a maker entirely or create a new one. In the next three tasks, you’ll learn how to achieve all three.
To move a marker, do the following:
- Using the cursor keys or the mouse, place the timeline cursor exactly where you want the marker to be moved to (see Figure 11).
- Place the mouse cursor directly over the marker, hold down the mouse key,
and drag the marker toward the timeline cursor (see Figure 12).
You should find that the marker snaps exactly to the timeline cursor giving you an exact match for your newly positioned marker (see Figure 13).
To delete a marker, do the following:
- Scrub through the timeline using the mouse or by using the cursor keys until the timeline cursor is just slightly behind the marker you want to delete.
- Right-click/Ctrl-click anywhere in the numbered area of the timeline to display the marker options (see Figure 14).
- Select Go to Sequence Marker > Next. The timeline cursor should jump to the next marker in the row (see Figure 15).
- Right-click/Ctrl-click on this marker and select Clear Sequence Marker
> Current Marker. The marker will now be removed from the timeline (see
To create a new marker on the timeline, do the following:
- Scrub through the timeline using the mouse or by using the cursor keys until the timeline cursor is at the exact position you require.
- Right-click/Ctrl-click anywhere in the numbered area of the timeline to display the marker options
- Select Set Sequence Marker > Unnumbered. A new marker will be created at the current timeline cursor’s position (see Figure 17).