Step 4: Move Images
Now that you have your markers fine-tuned, it’s time to adjust the images to match up with these new marker positions.
In Premiere CS 3, there are a number of ways to make this happen and in the next set of tasks you will look at one of the most commonly ignored: the Rolling Edit Tool.
To make adjustments using the Rolling Edit Tool, do the following:
- Move a marker so that it falls slightly to the right of the edit point (see the previous section, "Moving Markers" for details).
- If the Tools palette is not already visible, open it by selecting Window > Tools from the menu (see Figure 18).
- From the Tools palette, click the Rolling Edit tool to select it (see Figure 19).
- Place the cursor over the point where two clips meet and stop when it shows two double-headed arrows (see Figure 20).
- Holding down the mouse button, drag the cursor either up or down the timeline until you reach the marker.