- Anatomy of an FCE Project
- About Projects
- Using the Autosave Vault
- Undoing Changes
- Reconnecting Offline Files
- Deleting Media
- Project Maintenance Tips
- Setting Up for Multiple Projects and Users
- What's a Sequence?
- Changing the Settings of an Existing Sequence
- Working with Multiple Sequences
- About Clips
- Viewing and Setting Item Properties
Changing the Settings of an Existing Sequence
You can open and review or modify settings for an existing individual sequence in the Sequence Settings window. The Sequence Settings window contains the same main display options as the Timeline Options and Render Control tabs in the User Preferences window. When you modify any settings for an individual sequence, you are changing the settings for that sequence only.
You can use this window's Load Sequence Preset button to switch to a different Sequence preset, but unless you're sure that's what you need to do, it's not advisable.
To change the settings for an individual sequence:
- Control-click the sequence's icon in the Browser.
- Choose Settings from the shortcut menu (Figure 4.55).
Figure 4.55 Control-click the sequence icon; then choose Settings from the shortcut menu.
- Modify your Sequence settings (Figure 4.56); then click OK. (For more information about the Sequence Settings window, see "Customizing the Timeline Display" and "Specifying Render Control Settings" in Chapter 3.)
Figure 4.56 The Sequence Settings window contains the same options as the Timeline Options and Render Control tabs. Modifying a sequence's settings in the Sequence Settings window changes the settings for that sequence only.
To switch a sequence's settings to a different Sequence preset:
- Make the sequence active by selecting it in the Browser or Timeline.
Choose Sequence > Settings.
The Sequence Settings window appears.
- Click the Load Sequence Preset button at the bottom of the Timeline Options tab.
- Choose a different preset from the Select pop-up menu in the Select Sequence Preset dialog box (Figure 4.57); then click OK.
Figure 4.57 Choose a different Sequence preset to replace the settings of your selected sequence.