- Benefit 1: Facilitating Collaboration
- Benefit 2: Obtaining Descriptive Metadata
- Benefit 3: Enhancing Findability
- Benefit 4: Increasing Participation
- Benefit 5: Identifying Patterns
- Benefit 6: Augmenting Existing Classification Efforts
- Benefit 7: Sparking Innovation
- One More Thing: Align Your Efforts
Benefit 5: Identifying Patterns
Tags give you a wealth of information about people’s vocabularies, their opinions, and how they use your resources.
Tagging systems can help you to understand these patterns in several ways:
- Tagging patterns can tell whether your content has enduring popularity or is a one-hit wonder.
- The tags people use will help you to understand whether they find the content useful, interesting, or funny.
- Tags may give you information about how people are using your content.
- Finally, by looking at who is tagging your page, you’ll be able to learn more about your users (and the other information they find useful).