- When privacy matters
- For your eyes only
- Clear the decks for weekend fun
- Give pic files unique weekend names
- Find your way anywhere
- Weekend answer man = Google txt
- What are you doing now? Twitter.com
- Meet up. Dodgeball.com
- Social networking. Bluepulse.com
- Social banking. PayPal.com
- Choose an accessory color
- Shop without the drop
- Follow the weekend's sports
- Be your band's groupie
- Directions to the next party
- Interrupting yourself with a fake call
- Check your lipstick and discreet pics
- Find something fast
- Find a movie, reserve a ticket
- Create and beam a discreet profile
- Get a reminder to place a call
- Find the next hot spot with Yelp
- Strike up a conversation
- Being spontaneous
- Night lights
Weekends are about mobility. Armed with your smartphone, you can text, video, jam, chat, groove, ping, play, call, email, update, surf, party, and connect all at once. So when the night is really active and you’re mobile, here’s a short list of what you can do and when you can best do it.
Text is best
Texting is by far the most forgiving app for spotty network connections, such as when going in and out of clubs or when driving in rural areas. You can text someone even when there is no connection, and whenever you encounter an active area, the Messaging app will send the text. Texting works over the voice network, not the data network.
Bluetooth is yes
You can send pics via Bluetooth to your friends at a party, or club, without affecting incoming calls text messages, or email.
When shooting video, incoming calls will interrupt the video with the new call screen. Whether you ignore the call, or answer it, the recording of the video will stop. Turn your phone off before shooting those must-have videos.