- When privacy matters
- For your eyes only
- Clear the decks for weekend fun
- Give pic files unique weekend names
- Find your way anywhere
- Weekend answer man = Google txt
- What are you doing now? Twitter.com
- Meet up. Dodgeball.com
- Social networking. Bluepulse.com
- Social banking. PayPal.com
- Choose an accessory color
- Shop without the drop
- Follow the weekend's sports
- Be your band's groupie
- Directions to the next party
- Interrupting yourself with a fake call
- Check your lipstick and discreet pics
- Find something fast
- Find a movie, reserve a ticket
- Create and beam a discreet profile
- Get a reminder to place a call
- Find the next hot spot with Yelp
- Strike up a conversation
- Being spontaneous
- Night lights
Meet up. Dodgeball.com
Dodgeball is made for the weekends. Use it to broadcast your location to your friends by sending text messages to a central location. If you tell the service where you are, the service tells you where your friends are. Tell Dodgeball who your online crushes are and the service tells you when they are nearby (usually a ten-block radius). There’s even an “ex” service for turning on and off which friends are on your list for that night. Check it out at dodgeball.com.
Give a shout
- Send a shout text where you are and your friends will know.
Put an exclamation mark at the beginning of a shout, and it texts to all your friends.
- The crush service is discreet; it lets you know someone has a crush and they’re nearby. Wanna know?