- Controlling Client Access
- Mounting and Unmounting an Xsan Volume
- Moving a Client to a Different SAN
- Controlling User Access
- Using POSIX and ACLs
- Managing Home Folders
- Setting SAN User and Group Quotas
- Understanding Xsan Quotas
- Combining Xsan Controllers and StorNext Clients
- What Youve Learned
- Review Questions
Moving a Client to a Different SAN
At times, you may need to move a client from one SAN to another for security or client-management reasons. You can move a client from one Xsan SAN to another SAN located on the same Ethernet subnet and Fibre Channel network. To move a client computer to a different SAN, follow these steps:
- In Xsan Admin, in the SAN Assets list, choose Computers.
- Select the computer in the list and, from the Action (gear) pop-up menu, choose “Remove computer from SAN.”
- In Xsan Admin, open the window for the destination SAN.
- In the new SAN window, in the SAN Assets list, choose Computers, and click the Add (+) button.
- Verify that the checkbox is selected next to the computer in the list, and click Continue.
- In the Authenticate Clients pane, enter the administrator name and password for the client, and click Continue.