- "Where are the Item and Content tools?"
- "I see the picture box tools, but where are the tools for text boxes?"
- "I can't find text leading!"
- "Why do I always get the wrong font and size when I start typing?"
- "I can't click on master page items!"
- "How am I supposed to link text boxes together without a Link tool?"
- "Why does creating or editing a color or style affect objects on my page?"
- "How do I resize, color, or adjust pictures?"
- "How do I get rid of my guides?"
- "Where is that XPress feature I always use?"
“How am I supposed to link text boxes together without a Link tool?”
In QuarkXPress, you use the Link and Unlink tools in the Tool palette to control text threading. InDesign uses the PageMaker method: Each text frame has an in port and an out port that you can see when you select the frame with the Selection or Direct Select tool (see Figure 1-2). To link two frames together, click on one of the ports with one of the selection tools, and then click anywhere on top of another frame. (If you click on the in port first, you’re linking to this frame; if you click on the out port first, you’re linking from this frame to another one.) We cover text threading in more detail in Chapter 20.