- Flying Solo: Preparing the Project
- Creating Your Long Ago Text
- Building Your Opening Logo
- Animating Your Logo
- Flying Solo: Preparing Your Scrolling Text
- Making the Scrolling Text Scroll
- Changing the Speed
- Transforming the Shape of the Scrolling Text
- Animating the Scrolling Text
- Flying Solo: Adding the Star Wars Theme Music
- Flying Solo: Adding Some Project Polish
- Making Adjustments, Rendering, and Exporting
Flying Solo: Preparing the Project
By now you should be fairly confident when it comes to setting up a project using Premiere Elements, so Fly Solo to complete the basic tasks you need to begin this project. If you need more help, refer to the “Preparing the Project” sections in Chapters 1 and 2.
Basic Timeline Preparation Skills
- Create a new project called Chapter 4_Clone_Attack_Title (Hint: File > New > Project).
- Set the Timeline to Timeline View (Hint: Timeline button to the left of the interface).
- Deselect the audio tracks for Video 2 and 3 (Hint: Deselect Show Audio Tracks).
- Rename (Hint: Right-click the header) and change each track to the following:
- Video 1: Background
- Video 2: Start Title
- Video 3: Logo
- Import the starfield.jpg and 244325_OpeningCreditsWilliams.wav media clips from the DVD (Hint: Media Downloader; Show Audio; UnCheck All).
- Add the starfield.jpg to the Background track. Make sure the head of the image is the start of the Timeline (Hint: Switch to Edit workspace; drag).
- Zoom the Timeline in a few clicks (Hint: click the plus sign next to the zoom slider).
- When your Timeline and Media panel look similar to the screenshots opposite, press Ctrl-S to save your work so far, then proceed to the next section.