- Hot Feature: Top Sites
- Hot Feature: Cover Flow
- Hot Feature: Visual History Search
- Hot Feature: Blinding Speed
- Hot Feature: Standards Compliance to the Max
- Warm Feature: Full-Page Zoom (Sometimes Bigger Is Better)
- Warm Feature: Improved Web Searches
- Lukewarm Feature: More Windows-like Appearance on PCs
- Not-So-Hot Feature: Tab Relocation Program
Warm Feature: Improved Web Searches
In Safari 3, you can quickly conduct a web search by typing a term or phrase in the search box to the right of the address box. Safari 4 makes searching even easier by automatically offering suggested search terms as you type (see Figure 5). You can view search results from Google or Yahoo! by choosing the desired search engine from this drop-down menu. A similar drop-down list of possible sites appears when you type a URL in the address box.
Figure 5 As you type a search string, Safari provides a list of suggestions. To execute the search, choose a suggestion or finish typing your search string and then press Enter/Return.