Adding Contacts to a Group
Although you can create empty groups for use at a later time, a group is only useful after you've added members to it. (Group membership is only static if it needs to be. You can freely add or remove members as the need arises.)
To add contacts to an existing group, follow these steps:
- Click the Contacts link on the left side of the Gmail window.
- Display the contact records from which you want to select group members (see Figure 7), using any of the following methods:
- Click My Contacts or All Contacts to display your entire contact list.
- Click Most Contacted to display the persons with whom you regularly correspond or chat.
- Type a search term in the Search contacts box, such as a last name or part of an email domain name (examples: apple, peachpit, aol).
Figure 7 Click My Contacts, All Contacts, or Most Contacted; or use the Search contacts box.
Figure 8 Select members to be added to the group.
The contacts are added to the chosen group.
Figure 9 Specify the desired group.