Addressing Messages to a Group
You can address email to a group from the Compose window (when creating the message) or from the Contact Manager (prior to creating the message).
To address a group message from the Compose window, follow these steps:
- In a new, reply, or forwarded message, position the cursor in the To, Cc, or Bcc section of the message header. Type the first few letters of the group name until Gmail suggests the group as a potential match.
- Select the group name from the list of matches that appears (see Figure 13).
When sent, the message will be transmitted to all members of the group, as well as to any other contacts that you add to the To, Cc, or Bcc sections.
Figure 13 Select the group name as the message recipient.
To address a group message from the Contact Manager window, follow these steps:
- Click the Contacts link to display the Contact Manager window.
- Select the group to which you want to address the message.
- Do one of the following:
The group membership is listed.
- To address the message to all group members, click All (above the membership list).
- To address the message to only certain group members, click their checkboxes.
The members are added to the To section of the message header.
Figure 14 Select the group name, specify message recipients within the group, and click Email.