- Taking On the New Tools
- Reason 1: Easier Item Manipulation
- Reason 2: Drag-and-Drop Text and Pictures
- Reason 3: Font Previews in Menus
- Reason 4: Hanging Characters
- Reason 5: Grids and Guides
- Reason 6: Updating Style Sheets
- Reason 7: Jump to Master Page
- Reason 8: Picture Resolution Display
- A New Way to Work
Reason 8: Picture Resolution Display
When you're experimenting with pictures in a layout, it's easy to lose track of the impact that resizing has on each picture's resolution. Things get particularly complicated when you're working with stock photos and supplied images, whose resolutions may vary in the first place. To help you out, QuarkXPress 8 adds an invaluable new feature: effective image resolution. As you're working, you can always see the resolution of the selected picture in the lower-right corner of the Measurements palette's Classic tab (see Figure 11).
Figure 11 The Effective Image Resolution field is in the lower-right corner of the Measurement palette's Classic tab.