- Choosing an Editor
- Starting pico and Dabbling with It
- Saving in pico
- Cutting and Pasting Text Blocks in pico
- Checking Spelling in pico
- Getting Help in pico
- Exiting pico
- Starting vi and Dabbling with It
- Saving in vi
- Adding and Deleting Text in vi
- Importing Files into vi
- Searching and Replacing in vi
- Exiting vi
- Starting emacs and Dabbling with It
- Using emacs Menus to Spell-Check
- Saving in emacs
- Exiting emacs
Getting Help in pico
A great way to find out more about pico is to access pico help. In addition to finding answers to your questions, you can find out about pico features and capabilities of which you may not be aware (Figure 4.9).
Figure 4.9 pico gives you all the information you need.
To get help in pico:
In pico, press to access help.
- Move through the help pages:
- moves you down through the help page.
- moves you up through the help page.
Use this combination to exit help.
To get help with pico startup options:
At the shell prompt, type man pico to learn more about startup options, including a variety of options that control how pico works.