- Using the main application features
- Using the panels
- Tools on the Tools panel
- Changing the image size
- Choosing a bits per channel mode
- Cropping and rotating images
- Using the Layers panel
- Creating adjustment layers
- Editing adjustment layers
- Limiting the effect of an adjustment layer
- Saving adjustment presets
- Merging and deleting adjustment layers
- Working with layer groups
- Applying content-aware scaling
- Choosing a mode for the History panel
- Making snapshots of history states
- Working with nonlinear histories
- Using presets
- Streamlining your workflow
Saving adjustment presets
Regardless of how you arrive at custom settings (whether by choosing a preset first or not), you can save your settings as a preset for future use.
To save custom adjustment settings as a preset:
- Create and choose settings for an adjustment layer.
- From the Adjustments panel menu, choose Save [adjustment type] Preset. In the Save dialog, enter a name, keep the default location, then click Save. Your user preset is now available for any
document via the Add an Adjustment list on the Adjustments panel, and also via the preset menu at the top of the panel when
the controls for that adjustment type are displaying.
- To delete a user preset, choose that preset, then choose Delete Current Preset from the panel menu.