- What Is the Replacement TV Effect?
- Filming Tips
- Step 1: Setting Up Your Project
- Step 2: Adding the Media to the Project and the Timeline
- Step 3: Marking the Point for the First Channel to Appear
- Step 4: Adding the First Channel and Applying the Corner Pin Effect
- Step 5: Adding the Second Channel
- Final Steps: Test Render and Add Sound
The film clips used with this article were created using a camera-mounted tripod to shoot an actor changing the channel of a TV with a remote control. In this case, only the hand and remote are shown, but note that neither hand nor remote strays over the screen of the TV. Two other pieces of video are also used in this tutorial: One shows a man outside a house firing a laser gun (actually the product of a previous tutorial in this series), and the other shows various countryside scenes. It is important that any material you intend using for the TV is visually different to enhance the illusion of changing channel (see Figure 1).