- Step 1: Add Controls to the Diary Window
- Step 2: Implement the Add Entry Push Button
- Step 3: Implement the Add Tag Push Button
- Step 4: Validate the Add Tag Push Button
- Step 5: Implement and Validate the Navigation Buttons
- Step 6: Implement and Validate the Date Picker
- Step 7: Implement and Validate the Search Field
- Step 8: Build and Run the Application
- Step 9: Save and Archive the Project
Step 8: Build and Run the Application
Build and run the application to test once again what you've created. You can't be too careful. Even though you have run it several times while working through this recipe, it is always useful to step back and take a longer look at your work product for the entire recipe at once.
This recipe has been an exercise in using some of the features of the Cocoa text system. You have only touched the surface, but you have gotten a flavor for how to search and edit text programmatically. Use the Add Entry and Add Tag buttons to add several entries to the Chef's Diary and tag them with keywords. Type some text. To test the performance of the diary with larger amounts of text, copy a large TextEdit file and paste its entire text into each diary entry. Then play with the navigation buttons, the date picker, and the search field to see how well they perform. Be sure to undo and redo changes frequently.